Digital Marketing Intern
At Healthy Roots, we’re on a mission to empower young girls of color through hairplay!
We believe that Healthy Roots can connect parents and daughters with the perfect toys that represent them and their #blackgirlmagic. We’re looking for a Marketing intern to join our brand marketing team. This is a paid role or you can receive school credit.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our team and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will participate in the development and implementation of marketing strategies.
You will collaborate with our Chief Marketing Officer and marketing team in all stages of marketing campaigns from developing visual content, defining target audiences, budgeting and product promotion. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This role offers you a total immersion into a busy startup and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff, external social media consultants to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence. That means you get to try new social tools and creative projects!
A love of Beyonce, natural hair care and knowledge of the childrens toys is a plus!
Create content, engagement and conversations that align with our mission of black girl magic and empowerment. It’s simple, right? Apply below!
- Collecting quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Performing market analysis and research on competition
- Supporting the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help organize marketing events
- Pursuing a BFA degree in Marketing, Communication Design, or a related degree
- Minimum commitment of 10 hours per week
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Developing understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC Suite (we’ll teach you <3)
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Adwords)
- Familiar with Slack, Facebook Business Manager and other social media marketing tools
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices