Graphic Design Intern
At Healthy Roots, we’re on a mission to empower young girls of color through hairplay!
We believe that Healthy Roots can connect parents and daughters with the perfect toys that represent them and their #blackgirlmagic. We’re looking for a Graphic Design intern to join our brand marketing team. This is a paid role or you can receive school credit.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Graphic Design intern to merge their creative energy with ours in the name of #curlpower. You will be apart of social media team and create visuals that will be used across all of our platforms featuring our products and natural hair care trends.
As a Graphic Design intern, you will collaborate with our illustrators and marketing team in all stages of creative campaigns.
This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy startup and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff, external social media consultants to learn about social media, digital communication and marketing. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence. That means you get to try new social tools and creative projects!
You must be a hands-on, results-oriented person who is excited about Healthy Roots mission of empowering young girls.. You’re excited to learn and grow and are comfortable with a fast-paced start-up work environment.
A love of Beyonce, natural hair care and knowledge of the children's toys is a plus!
Create content, engagement and conversations that align with our mission of black girl magic and empowerment. It’s simple, right? Apply below!
- Social Media Content Development and Design
- Creative brainstorms, Mood boards, Campaign mock-ups
Brand Design, Exploration, and Development
Print + Digital Layout
- Create social graphics, illustrations, branded design assets, promotional materials, corporate brand assets, amongst other types of design and content tasks across digital, physical, and print
- Synthesize feedback and make revisions within your work
- Contribute to social media content creation and postings across platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
- Identify, learn and provide input on social media and design trends within the industry
- Pursuing a BFA degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or a related degree
- Minimum commitment of 10 hours per week
- Strong Adobe CC Photoshop, Illustrator skills
- Some experience with Sketch (we’ll teach you <3)
- Some experience with Adobe CC AfterEffects
- Understanding/learning of core design principles, such as typography, color theory, layout, and interface design
- You enjoy working as part of a fast moving, collaborative team.
- You are the first of your friends to adopt new tools on platforms - Instagram polls, etc.
- You come up with actionable, creative ideas that would help grow social platforms through visual creative assets
- Understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, + Instagram Stories
- You have an eye for compelling imagery and are interested in content/social media creation and marketing
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills and the ability and desire to collaborate with designers, project managers and other stakeholders
- You are a creative, forward thinking, social media wiz
- You’re self-motivated, hard working, and a fast learner