Marketing Manager Role
Location: Detroit, MI
Healthy Roots Dolls is on a mission to empower young girls through hairplay!
We are a growing start-up looking a top-notch social media guru who is experienced in all platforms of social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook). Our social and blog content serve as a discovery tool for parents as well as marketing promotion for our product partners. The role will focus on engaging potential customers by curating/posting content across all channels.
Our team’s core value is to do everything with integrity. We’re looking for like-minded candidates who can take initiative and grasp opportunities for Healthy Roots Dolls, execute tasks efficiently, and communicate effectively with our team. You have a background in digital and social media, are excited by analytics, have a deep understanding of the major social platforms, and have an accessible and responsive working style.
You should also understand and summarize how and why certain pieces of content blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
A love of natural hair care and knowledge of the children's toys is a plus!
Create content, engagement and conversations that align with our mission of helping girls love themselves the way they are and feel and empowered. That’s it!
- Curate content that engages our members and aligns with Healthy Roots Dolls’ mission
- Work with software the Adobe suite and Sketch
- Update and manage Instagram and Facebook accounts daily
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social platforms and assist with comment moderation
- Respond to social media direct messages
- Execute marketing campaigns to support business initiatives/products
- Increase the number of followers on our social media platforms
- Draw insights from customer interactions
- Develop creative ways to interact with social media followers
- Use social media analytics to draw insights from data
- Fill out weekly metrics to track progress on social media platforms
- Lead Brainstorm with team on social and brand campaigns
- Lead build out of creative content to be shared on social channels
- Lead in recap reporting for key brand campaigns + press mentions across social
What we’re looking for:
- At least 1 year of experience with marketing or in depth knowledge of social media marketing industry
- Strong understanding of natural hair, the natural hair community and social media etiquette
- Knowledge of the YouTube, Facebook, and other platform ecosystems and best practices
- Native Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest user
- Analytical, data driven, and results oriented
- Photoshop and Sketch knowledge
- Full Adobe Suite knowledge is a plus
- Strong writing, organizational and communication skills
- You’re self-motivated, hard working, and a fast learner.
- You’re organized and detail-oriented
- You have an eye for compelling imagery
- You enjoy working as part of a fast moving, collaborative team
- You are the first of your friends to adopt new tools on platforms - Instagram polls, etc
- You come up with actionable, creative ideas that would help grow social platforms through visual creative assets
- You’re passionate about changing the world for the little ones that come after you