Social Media Intern
At Healthy Roots, we’re on a mission to empower young girls of color through hairplay!
We believe that Healthy Roots can connect parents and daughters with the perfect toys that represent them and their #blackgirlmagic. We’re looking for a social media intern to join our brand marketing team. This is a paid role. You can also receive school credit if needed.
Our social and blog content serve as a discovery tool for parents as well as marketing promotion for our product partners. The role will focus on assisting with consumer-facing social media and blog content production. You’ll gain first-hand experience ideating, crafting, sourcing, and analyzing content across the social sphere. This role is ideal for college students looking to put their passion for social media to work and gain experience working with a cross-functional team.
This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy startup and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff, external social media consultants to learn about social media, digital communications and marketing. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence. That means you get to try new social tools and creative projects!
A love of Beyonce, natural hair care and knowledge of the children's toys is a plus!
Create content, engagement and conversations that align with our mission of black girl magic and empowerment. It’s simple, right? Apply below!
- Assist with scheduling content on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook via a content management tool
- Research social media influencers in key markets and provide recommendations for possible influencers to work with
- Source compelling visual assets (video/photo) for social posts - search the Healthy Roots network for bloggers with visually stunning Instagram accounts and keep a tracker for future posts
- Assist in community management across social platforms
- Crop imagery in Photoshop for blog posts and organize
- Brainstorm with team on social and brand campaigns
- Support build out of creative content to be shared on social channels
- Assist in recap reporting for key brand campaigns + press mentions across social
- Opportunities to write social copy
- Part time position (10-15 hours per week)
- Junior or Senior in a Marketing or related Major
- You are a creative, forward thinking, social media wiz
- You know all the latest trends in hair care and trying new styles and products regularly
- You’re self-motivated, hard working, and a fast learner
- You’re organized and detail-oriented
- You have an eye for compelling imagery and are interested in content/social media creation and marketing
- You enjoy working as part of a fast moving, collaborative team
- You are the first of your friends to adopt new tools on platforms - Instagram polls, etc
- You come up with actionable, creative ideas that would help grow social platforms through visual creative assets
- Understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat + Instagram Stories
- Strong writing skills and good sense of humor are a must
- Photoshop and Sketch knowledge
- Full Adobe Suite knowledge is a plus (we’ll teach you <3)