Social Media Manager
Healthy Roots, we’re on a mission to empower young girls of color through hairplay!
We believe that Healthy Roots can connect parents and daughters with the perfect toys that represent them and their #blackgirlmagic. We’re looking for Social Media Manager to join our brand marketing team. This is a paid part-time role.
Our social and blog content serve as a discovery tool for parents as well as marketing promotion for our product partners. The role will focus on assisting with consumer-facing social media and blog content production.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for social media content and digital publishing to assist our team with optimizing our content and audience engagement for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube featuring content from created in house and sourced online. You have a background in digital and social media, be excited by analytics, have a deep understanding of the major social platforms, and have an accessible and responsive working style.
You should also understand and summarize how and why certain pieces of content blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
You will collaborate with a small team and work remotely.
A love of Beyonce, natural hair care and knowledge of the children's toys is a plus!
Create content, engagement and conversations that align with our mission of black girl magic and empowerment. It’s simple, right? Apply below!
- Assist with daily scheduling of content across social platforms
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social platforms and assist with comment moderation
- Lead the social team and manager all daily tasks
- Assist with scheduling content on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook via a content management tool
- Research social media influencers in key markets and provide recommendations for possible influencers to work with
- Source compelling visual assets (video/photo) for social posts - search the Healthy Roots network for Bloggers with visually stunning Instagram accounts and keep a tracker for future posts
- Lead community management across social platforms
- Edit imagery in Photoshop and Sketch for blog posts/social post and organize
- Lead Brainstorm with team on social and brand campaigns
- Lead build out of creative content to be shared on social channels
- Lead in recap reporting for key brand campaigns + press mentions across social
- Write social copy
- At least one year of experience working on social strategy for a brands social audience
- Deep understanding of how visual language can affect performance
- Understanding and love of the digital landscape
- Knowledge of the YouTube, Facebook, and other platform ecosystems and best practices
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest user
- Photoshop and Sketch knowledge
- Full Adobe Suite knowledge is a plus
- Strong writing, organizational and communication skills
- You are a creative, forward thinking, social media wiz, who likes to eat out
- You know all the latest trends in hair care and trying new styles and products regularly
- You’re self-motivated, hard working, and a fast learner.
- You’re organized and detail-oriented
- You have an eye for compelling imagery and are interested in content/social media creation and marketing.
- You enjoy working as part of a fast moving, collaborative team.
- You are the first of your friends to adopt new tools on platforms - Instagram polls, etc
- You come up with actionable, creative ideas that would help grow social platforms through visual creative assets