Simple Wash Day Routine For Busy Moms
Wash day: an all-day process that requires time, effort, and a lot of patience. In the end, your child has a beautiful fresh do for the week!
Life is busy, and wash day is a process, so check out this simple wash day routine:
Pre-pooing with a detangler or a conditioner makes wash day go by much faster. We know you’re adding another step, but it minimizes how much breakage and detangling will take place when you are trying to style your child's hair. Get your favorite detangling tool and product with slip, and you're good to go.
Get your favorite shampoo that will cleanse your child's hair. We prefer sulfate-free shampoos like these:
- Shea Moisture Mango and Carrot Shampoo and Conditioner Set
- Cantu Care for Kids Tear-Free Nourishing Shampoo
- Burt's Bees Baby Shampoo & Wash
- Curl Peace Ultimate Detangling Shampoo
Condition/ Deep Condition
Conditioning is super important. Depending on your child’s hair porosity, they may need to deep condition with or without heat. This is the step where moisture is being placed back into her hair after being cleansed with the shampoo. Bright side, if you effectively detangled when you pre-poo’d, it is easier to detangle with conditioner. There is less breakage, and you are just running a comb through the hair to make sure the conditioner coats every strand. It is best to deep condition for at least 20 minutes.
- So Cozy Sweet Strawberry Conditioner
- Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Kids Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
- Mixed Chicks Kids Conditioner
- Cantu Care for Kids Nourishing Conditioner
This step needs to be done directly after your child's hair has been washed. Using a leave-in conditioner and a sealing oil like castor oil helps lock in the moisture and gets the hair ready to be styled.
- THE MANE CHOICE - Hair Type 4 Leaf Clover: Manageability and Softening Leave-In Spray
- Mielle Tinys & Tots Sacha Inchi Detangling Conditioner
- Taliah Waajid for Children Tangles Out Today Leave-in Conditioner Detangler
- HONEY BABY Naturals Milk and Honey Leave-In Conditioner
This is your time to shine. Twist, braids, two puffs, or even a bun would suffice. Join us in the VIP Curlfriend Club, where Zoe shares her different styles as she gets her hair done LIVE.
Zoe teaches little girls how to love their curls. Zoe’s hair is full of curl power that can be washed and styled like real hair. The first batch of pre-orders is shipping on October 30, and Zoe is so excited to meet all of her new curlfriends.
Sign up for our newsletter to get updated when pre-orders are available again.