Celebrating Women Who Tell Our Stories
This women's history month the curlfriends are celebrating women who tell our stories. These women believe in justice, healthcare rights, and representation in fields women typically aren't in. Join the curlfriends as they share their notes about Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Meera Vijayann, Tan Le, and Paula Johnson.
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Meet Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, a novelist whose stories are pivotal in diaspora literature.
- Chimamanda was born in Enugu, Nigeria
- Her work is inspired by Nigerian history and tragedies.
- TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2015 🏆
- Fortune Magazine World’s 50 Greatest Leaders in 2017 🏆
A true trailblazer! Chimamanda represents Nigerian girls and tells our stories.
Meet Meera Vijayann, a citizen journalist who explores creative ways young women can participate in politics and community matters.
- Writes about health and gender issues
- Contributes to national and international discussions
- Talks about gender rights and violence in India.
A serving savant! Meera tells the stories that will make change for us all.
(Source: Seven Days)
Meet Tan Le, the founder & CEO of Emotiv, a bioinformatics company that identifies mental and other neurological conditions with biomarkers.
- Refugee from Vietnam
- Entered college at 16 (wow! 🤩)
- Led a firm that used brainwaves to control digital devices and digital media with a remote 🤯
An inquisitive leader! Tan Le creates technology that will help our future stories.
(Source: Wellesley College)
Meet Paula Johnson, a women’s health expert looking at health from a woman’s perspective.
- Asks the necessary questions about women's experience with cardiac attacks
- Advocates for women’s access to care to meet their needs
- Her team focuses on mentoring, testing, and bringing together expertise to improve women’s health.
A prestigious president! Paula believes in women’s ability to create positive change is creating a world for women in healthcare to be heard.
A story for one is a story for all! Our curlfriends love being a part of new memories and stories of your little one. Click here to create new memories with our curlfriends today.